The University of La Verne proudly supports bicyclists who use their bikes to come to campus, travel throughout the area, and enjoy rides to many of our featured locations in the region.
As part of that support, we offer resources and information to out cyclists so that they are more informed, more aware, and safer while riding.
Bringing Your Own Bike to Campus?
If you are bringing a bike to campus, we recommend doing the following:
- Register your bike with Transportation (located on the ground floor of the parking structure) and you will receive a free U-Lock.
- Bring your bike for quarterly service. American Bike Patrol Services will come to campus and provides tune-ups, flat tire repair and gear, brake and pedal adjustments at a discounted rate. You will receive a notification email with the date and time of their next visit. If you're among the first three people to bring your bike in for service, your repairs are on us!
- Remove bikes locked to University bike stands during the summer months. Our office will send an email to all students asking that they remove their bike from campus two weeks after the school year has ended. Bicycles left on campus through the summer may be confiscated.
Does Your Bike Need a Tune Up?
Are your tires low on air? Does your seat need adjusting? Are your pedals loose? You can make repairs to your bicycle at the Bike Fixtation work stand. The work stand is located on the south side of the bike racks located between the Campus Center and Hanawalt House. If you aren't sure how to make repairs, you can scan the stand's QR code to download helpful repair instructions. The stand's tools include:
- Hex Key Set
- Torx T-25
- Steel Core Tire Levers (2)
- Adjustable Wrench and 13/15 Cone Wrench
- Phillips & Standard Screwdrivers
- Air Pump
Want to Borrow a Bike? Try the Leo Bike Library!
Want a bike for the day, the weekend or the semester? The free Leo Bike Library offers bikes for you to use locally and provides you with a helmet and u-lock to help you enjoy your planned outing and travel. Bikes are available to registered students and employees only.
To learn more about the Leo Bike Library, call us at (909) 448-4764, email email@example.com, or stop by the Transportation department located in the Parking Structure (Campus Safety office).